Well, I'm feeling lazy this week (actually that isn't true-- I'm
working on about five stories concurrently, which, when you throw
in my real job, doesn't leave much time for anything else) so I'm going
to post some more character-building questions. Again, these are
all a bit silly, but who knows which one might hit a spot with
one of your characters?
- What are the character's vices?
- How does the character feel about these vices? Is he/she okay with
them, or is s/he working to eliminate them?
- Where would be the character's idea of a good place to take a
- What sorts of situations make the character feel awkward or
- How does the character see him/herself?
- How close is this vision to the way the rest of the world sees him/her?
- What aspect of him/herself is the character most uncomfortable with?
- What aspect of him/herself is the character most satisfied with?
- Is the character an introvert or an extrovert?
- How does the character behave at parties?
- What (if anything) does the character see as his/her place in the
- How does the character behave around someone in whom he/she is
- Does the character believe in true love?
- The character wakes up one morning and suddenly he/she is a shaman.
What totem best exemplifies the character's personality? (For characters
who are already shamans: what other totem would fit?)
- If the character was not a member of his/her current profession, what
other profession would he/she prefer to be? (That is, if the character couldn't
be a rigger, would s/he like to be a mage? A decker? A samurai? Something else?)
- What does the character like best about his/her chosen shadowrunning
profession (rigger, mage, samurai, decker, etc.)?
- What does the character like least about his/her shadowrunning profession?
- Does the character have any possession(s) he/she is particularly attached
- What's the character's favorite animal? If he/she doesn't like animals at
all, why not?
- Whom does the character most admire? Why?
That should keep you thinking for awhile, neh? With any luck at all,
I'll start writing some real commentaries again. But I admit I do
have fun coming up with these.